FCAFE205-7C8F-4675-8CC3-B97295A77217 2.P

Candle and Wax Melt Care Guide

Getting the most from your candles and melts


How to get the best from your candle

Good candle care is important for safety and to maximise the quality and lifespan of your candle.

When burning your candle for the first time, it is important to let your candle burn to the very edge of the container, this may take several hours depending on the size of the candle and up to four hours for our largest, three wick candles.  Soy wax has a ‘Memory’ and if you do not allow the candle to do this it will burn down the centre of wick, this is called ‘Tunnelling’ and the wax will remain around the side of its container.

Never let your candle burn for more than four hours at a time.

When re-lighting your candle always trim the wick, so there is approximately 0.5cm remaining, in doing this your candle will last longer and you will reduce the amount of soot and/or smoke produced.

Never let your candle burn right down to the base of its container, always leave around 5mm of wax.

Never leave a lit candle unattended and always place your candle on a protected heat resistant, dry surface away from things that can catch fire and out of reach of Children and Pets.

Always follow the safety label attached to your candle.

Looking after your wax melts and snap bars

Place your melt warmer/oil burner on a safe, stable heat resistant surface away from flammable materials, children and pets.

Place your choice of soy melts in the top of the melt warmer - do not add water, essential oils or anything else!

Light an unscented tea light candle in the base of the melt warmer and allow the wax to melt and the fragrance to fill the room.

Trim the tealight wick to 5mm before lighting so the tealight does not burn too quickly and the flame too high.

Never leave a burning candle unattended and keep lit candles out of the reach of children and pets.

Melt warmers and the scented wax melts should not be burned for more than four hours at a time.

DO NOT touch the melt warmer whilst in use it will become HOT, allow to cool before handling, as the soy wax melt cools down it will solidify again.

Our soy melts are made from natural soy wax and they do not evaporate.  They can be re-used until the scent fades.

After the scent has faded remove the melt from your melt warmer, wait until the wax has cooled but not hardened then gently wipe with a paper towel and remove it from the melt warmer.  Do not pour wax away down a drain/plughole.

To clean the top of the melt warmer use warm soap and water.  DO NOT use metal objects to clean out wax this may crack or damage the melt warmer.